Thursday, May 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me.

My birthday is on Sunday. As usual, nearly everyone I know and love is out of town for Memorial Day Weekend.

So - I decided to throw myself a Deadly She-Wolf Assassin at Armageddon party. Coincidentally, my friend and fellow Columbia MFA classmate, Sonoko Kawahara (a mom-director, which is as hard as being a mom-writer), is directing a play by this very name at La Mama (yes, the irony continues)...

Anyone who wants to celebrate with me is welcome to join us at La Mama on Sunday, May 26th at the 2:30 pm show. Buy a ticket. Show up. You will recognize us because we will be wearing all black with a splash of a bright color. If you would like to join us at the after-party, you will, too. There are kids tickets (10 and up) available for $10 with the code MATKIDS. Your kids are welcome.

If you aren't into live-manga, but want to add to the general feeling of assassin carnival joy around here, you can always make a tax-deductible donation to Pen Parentis. When you click submit, make a birthday wish.

It could very well come true for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment